“And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching…,” (Acts 2:42)
There are churches in this country on the move, active and energized. But they are moving at the speed of the culture. They have let the culture around them guide them away from God and His Word. It may well be (and can be hoped) that the readers of my blog are members of local churches where devotion to the Scripture remains steadfast and the call of the world is resisted.
If you are not certain that is the case for you, what should you do?
- Read and study Scripture objectively to be specific in your concern.
- Speak to the preacher/elders/brethren with your Bible open and your tongue guarded.
- You may need to do this more than once, but always speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15).
- If you become convinced your association with that group must end, be clear to them and specify where Scripture is being violated or ignored.
- Search for a group where Bible authority is upheld faithfully.
- Make your wishes to become a part of that group known.
- Walk in a manner worthy of God.